I know my father's wife meant well, but come on. Don't call my mum. She has enough issues, one of which is being easily upset because she has a fucking terrible case of bipolar disorder that lands her in psych wards once every year or two (and whenever Matt comes to Australia). She's trying to get her life together with Trevor. Don't bother her. I think I'm more disgruntled that they tried to drag her into it than I am about the sordid stuff itself.
Add to that good friends who are (or have been) getting mixed up in a drug scene they really should be fucking smart enough to avoid. For fuck's sake. How old are we all again? Maybe I'm just mad because I'm on the other side of the world so everything I know is filtered over 10,000 miles of cable and gloss. But even if I were there, there's fuck all I'd be able do about it. People get off drugs in their own time. I'm not anyone's mother - and none of us should need mothers.
Then, this morning, I wake up to this:
Is this some sort of joke by the gay community or something? This can't be real. I mean, these aren't real Australians, right? They're American plants or Scientologists or something, aren't they? Please?
The following proliferation of links has been brought to you by the fact I just realized BlogThis is finally working with Blogger
- Igudesman and Joo - I am completely in love with these guys after seeing Rachmaninov Had Big Hands on YouTube. They need to come to the USA so I can express my adulation in person with a ticket purchase.
- ALIEN VS. PREDATOR MOVIE PLUSHES
- Catster: the cat lovers community to share pictures, stories, and information. Here are my cats!
- Music from Mario, performed via hand farts.
- Tridentine Latin Mass - Plymouth Meeting, PA. We are just learning about chant in Music History, and my professor mentioned that he thought there might be a monastery in Paoli. I couldn't find that, but I did find a church sort-of nearby that does traditional Latin Masses. I want to go! Come on, they have a guide to black square notation on their website. That's pretty cool.
- So You Want to Write A Fugue? My composition prof told me about this a while back, and it came up in conversation again yesterday. That was good enough for me. I bought the sheet music online, and as soon as it arrives, I'm going to tackle it with some friends from school.
- George Takei on Tim Hardaway homophobic rant. George Takei is the fucking man.