Lovely jobs! Wonderful jobs!
A few weeks ago, I started to freak out about finances a little. Despite scholarships galore, we're still overspending because we're trying to renovate a house. Additionally, for the first time in my life, I am seeking worthwhile professional help for my neck and shoulder muscles, which have been rather royally fucked by two decades of stringed instruments. We have health insurance through Matt's job at the Free Apple Gadget Dispenser, but there's still a $20 copay for physiotherapy (Americans refer to it as 'physical therapy,' I suppose because six syllables in a single word is daunting), which means I'm paying $60 per week to work out and receive dope massages. Good news - the mobility in my neck has increased from 60% to about 75%.
I started applying for employment through Craigslist, and now I am TOTALLY OVERWHELMED with part time jobs, many of which I will be able to continue through the school year.
First up, tomorrow I start work as a brand ambassador for the Microsoft Zune at the Tweeter Center. Basically, I demonstrate the Zune to concertgoers while in the comfort of a tent, or 'Zune Zone' (I don't know if I get a free Zune - here's hoping). The neat part about this is that I get to hang out at concerts which I would never go to otherwise because I am po'. Some of the concerts are actually quite interesting, others are just funny. In the next month, you will see me at:
- Marilyn Manson and Slayer with Bleeding Through
- Vans Warped Tour 2007 (A Static Lullaby, All Time Low, Amber Pacific, As I Lay Dying, Bad Religion, Bayside, Biffy Clyro, Big D and the Kids Table, Bleed The Dream, Bless The Fall, Boys Like Girls, Chiodos, Circa Survive, Coheed and Cambria, Cute Is What We Aim For, Drop Dead Gorgeous, Envy On The Coast, Escape The Fate, Evaline, Flogging Molly, Gallows, Hawthorne Heights, Hot Rod Circuit, IainTerry band, It Dies Today, Jonzetta, K-OS, kaddisfly, Killswitch Engage, Maylene and the Sons of Disaster, MC Chris, Meg and Dia, Monty Are I, My American Heart CA, New Found Glory, Paramore, Parkway Drive, Pepper, Poison The Well, POS, Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, Revolution Mother, So They Say, Still Remains, Street Drum Corps, The Almost, The Confession, The Fabulous Rudies, The Fold, The Matches, The Rocket Summer, the spill canvas, The Starting Line, The Unseen, The Vincent Black Shadow, Throwdown, Tiger Army, Underoath)
- Brad Paisley with Taylor Swift, Jack Ingram and Kellie Pickler
- Family Values Tour ft. Evanescence and Korn with Atreyu, Flyleaf, Hellyeah, Trivium and Droid
- Dave Matthews Band with Xavier Rudd
- Dave Matthews Band with Toots and The Maytals
- The Allman Brothers Band and RatDog with special guest Keller Williams
- O.A.R. with Augustana, and Stephen Kellogg and The Sixers
- Velvet Revolver and Alice in Chains with Kill Hannah
- Ozzfest - Ozzy Osbourne, Lamb of God, Static X, Lordi, Hatebreed, Behemoth, Nick Oliveri and the Mondo Generator, Nile, Ankla, Circus Diablo, The Showdown, 3 Inches of Blood, Chthonic, Daath, In This Moment
- Projekt Revolution Tour ft Linkin Park with My Chemical Romance, Taking Back Sunday, HIM, Placebo, Julien-K, Mindless Self Indulgence, Saosin, The Bled, Styles of Beyond and Madina Lake
- Opie & Anthony's Traveling Virus Comedy Tour with Bob Saget, Louis C.K., Stephen Lynch, Frank Caliendo, Jim Norton, Rich Vos, Bob Kelly, Otto & George and Patrice O'Neal
- MMRBQ2, Last Call featuring Live with Breaking Benjamin, Three Days Grace, Collective Soul and Seether
You know what excites me the most? Bob Saget. Seriously, I hope I get to see or hear Bob Saget. Also, Lordi.
I have a job interview tomorrow to teach theatre at the local YMCA. The best thing about it, other than the fact I'm genuinely 'uniquely qualified,' is that I would get free YMCA membership, so I could take all the yoga classes I want for free. Wish me luck. I hope I didn't just jinx myself by telling you.
I'm also interviewing for another promotional job on Monday, and I have a phone interview for a music lesson school. Oh, and I got a job with an office temp agency as well, and next week I'm working five days from 9-3pm.
Lovely jobs! (Lovely jobs!)
Lovely jobs! (Lovely jobs!)