Well, not exactly the same. She spells Melissa with one 's.' I bet she has a middle name, too.
Still, I was surprised. She is the assistant at the Giant Pharmacy I frequent. When I picked up a prescription last month, she leaned over the counter and whispered, "Hey, we have the same name, only spelled differently!"
I was so surprised that I burst out, "OH MY GOD, ARE YOU TELLING ME YOUR NAME IS MELISSA DUNPHY TOO!?" Then I realized that maybe she didn't want her full name broadcast in public. I was embarrassed.
It's odd, though, isn't it? That someone with the same name as me would not only live near me but run into me in such a situation?
This is all very new to me because before I married, nobody in the world had my name. Now I suppose I've become relatively common.
- What Jeff Killed
- Goddamn you, Robert Jordan, don't you dare die before you finish the Wheel of Time.
- Lucy has a MySpace account! I am so delighted because whenever I refer to her on this blog from now on, I can link her like this: Lucy. Lucy! Lucy! Lucy!
- Rene Gutel's radio stories!
- This is freaking awesome. If I had any time to waste, I would spend a day watching Monkey Magic videos.
- I am indirectly responsible for the part of this article that focuses on Trapped in a Closet