Once I finish my degree, and before I go to grad school, Matt and I are going to do that cross-country driving holiday we've been dreaming of since we first met. We'll sell the house. Hopefully, with all the work we're putting in, we'll make a decent profit. We'll then take some of that money and trade in Matt's car for a Honda Element.
See, it looks like an SUV, but its fuel efficiency is 21/27 mpg. My two-door Hyundai Accent hatchback is only three miles per gallon better. And it's big enough inside that we can sleep in it when necessary. And it's relatively cheap - new ones are $18,900, but there are many available secondhand. Yeah, it's ugly as shit, but I am liking it more and more as the Matt & Mel American Odyssey Mobile (except it's an Element, not an Odyssey).
- Oh, fuck. Every fucking Randroid libertarian arsewipe in the world is going to log onto the internet when this movie is released and shit in every forum I frequent. No doubt they won't stick to the topic of the movie, either, but pollute every thread and every topic with their moon logic. Fan-fucking-tastic.
- Pffft. Pink gets cranky about Australian wool. I suppose we should just kill the sheep and make them into ugg boots instead.
- Ah, sweet Allentown. Almost as cool as Scranton.
- The drift of the magnetic pole has changed direction and accelerated substantially. I've always been fascinated with the idea that the magnetic poles could suddenly "flip." I hope it happens. When I'm really old and about to die anyway.
- Guess it's time to take Orson Scott Card off my favorite authors list. Goddamn. I hear too his new scifi series is frighteningly right-wing.
- Parasite which affects 40% of the population turns men into idiots, women into sluts. Suddenly the world makes a lot more sense to me.
- Via Jill, a delightful rant regarding Pachelbel's Canon.