Search blog:
Subscribe to blog posts:

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

I still don't know if I'm going down to Australia this summer or not, though I guess with each day that ticks by sans decision, the indications are pointing further to 'no.' Mum seems to think it's unnecessary for me to visit right away because Dad's been doing quite well lately. I guess I'm putting off deciding until the efficacy of Dad's hormone treatment is evaluated in June. Also, Mum and Dad have a crazy plan to tour the UK later this year, and if that reaches fruition, I will probably meet them there for a couple of days instead (provided I can get the time off from Gamut), since flying to the UK is half the price of flying to Australia. (Don't even get me started on the dubious wisdom of embarking on a gruelling vacation while undergoing cancer treatment.) This is a bummer for friends back home, though. Gah. Heart's torn in half.

Still, as much as I love my friends, the purpose of the visit was to see Dad. If it weren't for his prostate cancer, I wouldn't have thought of going back until after I finish my degree.
Post a Comment